PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT SINCE 1994
By Merle MCPromotionsPress.com
When you buy a computer you'll notice they all come pre-loaded with Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer) as the default browser. Everyone knows Bill Gates runs the Internet, right? Wrong! When it comes to browsers for surfing the Web, there are plenty of other choices... if you know where to look for them. So if you thought you were stuck using I.E., let's have a look at some of your other options.
1) Safari: Safari is the browser of choice for most Mac users. Faster than Internet Explorer (at least that's the claim), it contains a built-in Google Search, tabbed interface to browse multiple sites at once, automatic-form completion and more. Free to download.
2) Opera: For Windows, Linux and Mac users alike. There are two versions; one Free (which is ad supported) or for 39.00, you can drop the ads. Opera is very fast with a built-in email client that includes anti-sp@m filters. It also contains the usual pop-up blockers and a nice little zoom function.
3) OmniWeb: An award-winning Web browser strictly for Mac users. Cost is 29.95. Features include ad blocking, history searching, website change notifications, even speech recognition. This is one powerful piece of software.
4) Google Chrome: Chrome is more simple, secure, and faster than ever, with help from Google built in. Download it here.
5) FireFox: Firefox (aka Firebird) is actually a stripped down version of Mozilla and built for speed. It's only a browser with no built-in email client, so if you need email you'll want to download its companion, Thunderbird.
Those who love Mozilla will find many of the same features here. With Firefox you can block pop ups, customize the toolbars, even change its appearance with the use of themes. For Windows, Linux and Mac users. Free.
These are the heavyweight alternatives to MS Internet Explorer, but if you're looking for something a bit different you'll want to take a look at some of these browsers:
1) Avant Browser: A tabbed browser that's really fast and allows you to view multiple websites in a split window interface. Free.
2) SlimBrowser: A Windows-based browser with a price tag of zero. It's easy to customize the look of this browser with the use of skins. Includes a spell checker, pop up killers, and a tool for filling in forms. Also includes a language tab for translating different languages.
3) MyIE2: Fashioned after Internet Explorer, this tabbed browser is served up at no charge, but they do ask for donations if you're feeling especially charitable.
4) NetCaptor: Built on top of I.E.'s interface (without the security flaws), it's another tabbed browser for power users. Free version is called "Personal Edition," which contains sponsored ads or you can upgrade to "NetCaptor Pro" for only 29.95.
If you're not happy with Internet Explorer, or maybe you're just ready to try something new, download one of these browsers and take "her for a spin." Like a new Car you just meant to take for a "test drive," you may fall in love and decide to keep it permanently. Stranger things have happened!
About The Author
Merle operates EzineAdAuction.com "Where some of the BEST Deals in Ezine Advertising are Made". Buy & Sell Ezine Ads in a live auction setting! Publishers sell off your excess inventory and Buyers pick up some Fantastic bargains. Free E-book on how to write "glowing" ezine ads.....
This page and any accompanying document(s) are confidential and privileged. They are intended for the sole use of Confluence Internet Services staff, clients and authorized individuals only. If you have found this site in error, you are advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance upon the site is strictly prohibited. Moreover, any such inadvertent disclosure is punishable by law. If you have received this address in error, please contact our IT Department at its Internet address (Ronald Hilbert), or by telephone at 541-672-2288. Thank you.
Receive a FREE web-site and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) analysis. This includes a review of hit reports (website statics), Meta tags and site navigation. Suggestions regarding internet marketing and strategic options are included as part of this report.
Confluence Internet Services Inc.
8301 N. Bank Road
Roseburg, OR 97470
phone & fax: (541) 672-2288
© Copyright Confluence Internet Services Inc. All Rights Reserved
home | keyword research | website design | free website analysis | voice search | online marketing | website re-design | web development | web design 4 rules | website navigation | marketing research | intranet development | extranet development | seo search engine optimization | seo myths | about us | email marketing | analytics | video production | podcasting